Monday 16 April 2012

5 a Day Baked Rice

I call this “5 a Day Baked Rice” because the idea is to put as many vegetables in it as possible so at the end you have a healthy, rich and delicious meal.
 




Ingredients:
650gr cooked basmati rice (I normally cook it the day before to save time)
4 cloves of garlic smashed
½ large onion chopped
2 tbsp vegetable oil
250g closed cup chestnut mushrooms cut in slices
160g broccoli florets
2 hand full of pitted green olives in brine cut in half
Tin of peas in water
15 cherry tomatoes cut in half
2 sticks of spring onions chopped
1 cube of vegetable stock (I use Kallo)
45g pine nuts
2 hand full of raisins
Black pepper to taste
(I know, it looks like a shop list J)

Method:
1 - Fry the garlic and the onion until tender
2 - Add the mushroom and cook it stirring for 2 minutes, add the broccoli and the vegetable cube and cook for another two minutes.
3 - Add the rest of the ingredients one at a time stirring for a bit before adding the next. Cook it until all the ingredients are tender.
4 - Turn off the fire and add the rice, mixing well.
5 - Bake it at 180c for 30 minutes.






You can never go wrong with this recipe. Since I’ve done it for the first time it is something I have to cook almost every week as per my husband's request. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment