Saturday 19 May 2012

Apple Strudel

I can not stress enough how good this recipe is. It is heavenly light and sweet. I've always thought strudel to be the most difficult desert to make but as I used a ready made pastry is really makes it a lot easier. I know is cheating but what can I say. J





Ingredients:
1 golden apple thinly sliced
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp light brown sugar
4 tbsp raisins
¾ tbsp all purpose flour
½ lime juice
½ sheet of vegan puffy pastry (I use Jus-Roll)
½ tsp vegan spread


Method:
1 – Defrost the pastry over night in the fridge
2 – In a bowl mix the apples, the lime juice and the raisins
3 – In a separate bowl combine the cinnamon, sugar and flour
4 - Combine the fruit with the dried ingredients 
5 – Place the mixture in a line down the middle
6 – Fold the dough over and tuck in the ends
7 – Brush the strudel with the melted spread and sand generously with sugar
8 – Bake it at 150c for 40 minutes


I used only half of one sheet of pastry, for a whole sheet double the ingredients. Serve it vegan custard cream, I use Alpro it is delicious. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment