Tuesday 29 May 2012

Aubergines a La Parmigiana

I simply adore aubergines and since I became a vegan I was a bit sad as I wrongly thought I was never going to eat it a la parmigiana again. It was then that I came out with the idea of a tofu cream cheese (have a look at older posts for the recipe) and I have to say that the result was simply delicious!!  Eat it with rice and salad, it is perfect!!




Ingredients:
2 aubergines sliced
5 tbsp vegan cream cheese
1 jar of tomato sauce 
3 stick of spring onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic
½ onions chopped
1 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp sugar
Salt
Black pepper


Method:
1 – Boil the aubergines in salted water for about 15 minutes, until it starts to get translucide which means that is lost most of its water.
2 – In a separate pan fry the garlic and onions until tender.
3 – Add the tomato sauce, spring onion, mustard, sugar and black pepper. I normally add sugar on the tinned tomato sauce as they tend to be too acid for my taste.
4 – Place the aubergines in a baking tray and spread the cream cheese evenly.
5 – Pour the tomato sauce and bake it for 30 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180c.


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment