Saturday 21 July 2012

Tomato and Spinach Quiche

Don't you just love quiche? It is kind of sophisticated without too much work. We love it, so it's something I cook all the time. By just changing the filling you get a complete different quiche and I quite like to try and see which ingredients go together. Spinach is by far my favourite leaf, I basically eat it on top of almost everything. I really hope you like this one.



Quiche base:
150g vegan spread (I used Pure sunflower)
220g flour




Filling:
½ onions chopped
3 cloves of garlic smashed
100g baby leaves spinach 
8 cherry tomatoes cut in half
2 tbsp pine nuts
250ml of vegan single cream (I used Provamel)
1 vegetable stock cube
Black Pepper to taste




Method:
1 - In a bowl mix the spread and the flour until blended together
2 - Divide the pastry into four individual quiche trays.
3 - In a pan fry the onions and garlic until tender and add the rest of the ingredients
4 - Stir for 10 minutes, add the single cream and stir for another 2 more minutes.
5 - Divide the filling into the 4 individual quiche trays and bake it at 180c for 30 minutes.


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment