Friday 5 October 2012

"Cheesy" Quiche

That was the conversation at my house the day I came up with this recipe:
Neni (my husband) - surely there is cheese in this
Me - yes, tofu and Vegusto
Neni - It taste as if there was dairy cheese in it
Well, that is exactly how it taste like. I absolutely love a challenge and like to veganise every recipe I used to prepare before I became a vegan. It's not that I miss cheese, because I don't, but it's good to know that if you want to, you have prepare your old recipes and they will taste as good, if not better, as they used to taste.
This quiche is lovely and perfect for an evening meal. Give it a go, you will love it!




Ingredients
200g flour
110g spread (I used Pure Sunflower)
215g tofu
1tsp balsamic vinegar
1 red onion chopped
250ml single cream (I used Provamel)
20g No-Moo Mild-Aromatic (Cheddar Alternative) Vegusto cheese grated
1 tbsp lemon parsley seasoning
1 vegetable cube
1 tbsp olive oil




Method:
1 - Using your fingers bring the flour and spread together to form a dough
2 - Open the dough on a 7 or 8 inches round spring form baking tray, depending on how high you want the sides of the quiche or devide it into four individuals quiche baking tray
3 - Fry the red onion on the olive oil on low fire for about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time
4 - Squeeze the tofu block between your hand to get some of the liquid out and than to break it into crumbs
5 - Add the tofu, seasoning, balsamic vinegar and vegetable cube and stir for about 5 minutes
6 - Pour the single cream and the Vegusto cheese and stir for another 2 minutes
7 - Pour the mixture into the baking tray and cook it for 30 minutes at 180c pre-heated oven.




It is perfect with rice and salad. Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment