Tuesday 14 August 2012

Aubergines Strudel

Ok, I know strudel is more applied for sweets but I decided to call my new recipe a strudel. You might have already noticed that I love aubergines and as it helps reduce plasma cholesterol levels, I guess is not a bad thing to like, right! :)
I used 1/2 a sheet of puff pastry, as there it only the two of us at home, but if you want to use it all just double the ingredients. You might end up with some of the aubergine mixture and you eat it with crackers or with plain rice. Either way is lovely, trust me!




Ingredients:
1/2 sheet of puff pastry (I used Jus-rol)
1 aubergines cut in small cubes
1/2 onion thinly chopped
25g pine nuts
1 tbsp cup raisings
1 vegetable cube
2 tbsp olive oil
Black pepper




Method:
1 - Leave the aubergines cubes is boiling water for 10 minutes so it loses its water
2 - Fry the onions until tender
3 - Add the aubergines cubes, pine nuts, raisins, black pepper and the vegetable cubes and stir for 20 minutes
4 - Turn the fire off and wait until it cools down a bit before you apply the mixture in the middle of the open sheet.
5 - Cover a baking tray with baking sheet and place the strudel at the centre. Bake for 30 minutes at 180c.



Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment