Tuesday 26 June 2012

Shortbread

I always liked shortbread so I tried to veganize a recipe I came across the other day. To be honest I wasn't expecting it to be this good as I always thought that shortbread was all about butter, but it turn out that I ended up liking this one more than the old regular ones. So if you like to have a cuppa every now and then you have to try this recipe. I promise you won't be disappointed.



Ingredients:
230g spread Pure Sunflour
125g light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g plain flour


Method:
1 - Cream the spread and the sugar together in a bowl till light and fluffy
2 - Add the vanilla extract and then 250g of the flour, little at a time, and incorporate until the dough is smooth
3 - Using the rest of the flour, knead the dough on a flat surface and then roll out to a thickness of just under 1cm
4 - Cut the biscuits out with cookies cutters and place them on the baking sheet on top of a up side down baking tray.
5 - Cling film the tray and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
6 - Preheat the oven at 180c
7 - Take the tray our of the fridge and bake it for 20 minutes or till the biscuits are golden

Source Vegetarian Living magazine. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment